Try these delicious, nutritious summer dips ...
- 2 large ripe tomatoes,
- Diced 1/2 large onion,
- Diced 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1-teaspoon lime juice
- Salt, pepper, and garlic (to taste)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender (tomatoes, onion, pepper and lime juice).
- Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Store fresh homemade salsa in the refrigerator.
- 3 large rioe avocados
- ½ small red onion - finely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli - finely chopped
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 1 ripe mango - peeled, pitted and chopped into chunks
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Cut the avocado lengthways, slicing around the pit. Holding one half of the avocado in each hand, twist your hands in the opposite direction to open up the avocado. Dislodge the pit and discard it, then scoop the avocado flesh out into the mixing bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Add the onion, chilli and lime juice and mix well.
- Season with a pinch of salt, mix three quarters of the chopped mango and most of the coriander.
- To serve, transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining mango and the reserved sprinkling of chopped herbs.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of canned chick peas, rinsed and well drained
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients (except olive oil) into a blender
- Blend until smooth.
- While blending on low, gradually pour in the olive oil until consistency is smooth and creamy.
4.. Adjust seasoning to taste if needed.
TOP TIP - to heat things up, add 1 teaspoon turmeric and 1/4 red chilli for a spicy dip!